You are here: Home > News > Trial pair not to be offered contracts
August 17 2026 8.54am

Trial pair not to be offered contracts

August 2 2010

Velice Sumulikoski

Velice Sumulikoski

Recent trialists Velice Sumulikoski and Tony Capaldi will not be offered contracts by Crystal Palace.

Macedonian midfielder Sumulikoski, 29, who has previously played for Ipswich Town and Preston, featured in the pre-season games against Bromley and Brentford.

Palace boss George Burley confirmed at the weekend that no contract will be offered.

"We haven't offered the boy a contract. At the moment we're looking at different options as far as that position is concerned.", Burley told the South London Press.

Capaldi, 28, formerly of Plymouth and Cardiff also played in the games against Bromley and Brentford, but Burley confirmed that a 'hitch' has meant that he too will not be offered a contract.

"There was a hiccup and we couldn't manage to finalise the deal - so we'll be looking again at that position.", he said.

Meanwhile Ipswich midfielder Owen Garvan, 22, is set to join the Eagles after completing a medical today.

Latest Headlines

Palace Talk Forum Latest

Palace team vs SC Freiburg
at 8.03am by mtp1958

Why we will always be a "selling club"
at 7.21am by Badger11

Trepidation for the 26/27 Prem season ?
at 11.42pm by Willo

Bottom of the League Already
at 7.40pm by maddog

Positive about 26/27
at 5.11pm by Mark B

Wilf,in his prime,presently!!
at 3.51pm by doombear

Marinakis suing Palace for Defamation
at 10.45am by BuzzBeats

Welcome Dwight McNeil
at 10.44am by Attilio1905

Our present squad
at 10.27am by Stirlingsays

Sage in his own words (Before Palace)
at 4.10pm by DANGERCLOSE

You are here: Home > News > Trial pair not to be offered contracts